Bill wanted a fantastic vacation at a fantastically low price. A web-savvy guy, he spent hours searching for the vacation he wanted. He called us
and we went to work coordinating the entire trip: Airfare, rental car, resort, and all the excursions.
When all was said and done, we presented him with an incredible value.
But Bill was convinced that he could get a better price. So he went back online in search of a deal. And he found it—an airfare that was $20/seat lower
than what we'd found for him.
So he booked it.
But, on the way to his fabulous destination…
And, on the way home...
- Bill's flight arrived at the airport in the middle of the night (after several delays and connections).
- By the time he landed, the car rental company was closed.
- Bill's bags didn't make it to his destination.
- Bill's flight left very early in the morning
- Due to the distance from the airport, he had to leave the resort at 3:00 am
- The car rental company was not open yet
And Bill's Savings?
- Bill had to spend the first night near the airport
- He had to spend the last night near the airport
- He had to rent his car from a more expensive company
- The website that Bill booked his travel through didn't offer travel insurance to pay for replacing his missing items
- Bill's 7-night stay at the resort was now a 5-night stay
Bill saved $40 on the airfare by booking it himself
Bill spent an additional $300 on:
Bill's vacation ended up costing $260 more than it would have been if he had just booked the package that we had coordinated for him.
- The two nights near the airport
- The more-expensive rental car
- Clothes and personal items to replace those that never made it to the resort.
You get what you pay for.
And we know what it takes to put together a great vacation that is the best value for you.
Do you want to spend a few dollars more for a great trip or waste a couple thousand on the cheapest option?